Friday, August 3, 2012

Bubbling Over

Look what I got in the mail this week!


I won my first blog gift: a $25 gift card from Layla at The Lettered Cottage!  If you haven't been to her blog, it is filled with whimsical cottage decor ideas and practical how-to's.  She is a very talented designer with a rock star husband (literally), and they are both so cute, full of energy and good humor.  And they have some pretty awesome pets, too.

In case you're not familiar with it, Lush is a Canadian company that specializes in handmade bath and body goodies.  They have the MOST amazing-smelling products, and they use mostly all natural, organic ingredients. They have both standalone stores and licensed stores in places like Macy's as well as a mail-order catalog.  I love their company "creed," too:


We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.

And their stuff works!  It may feel luxurious and smell glorious, but it also gets the job done.  My personal fave is the Lemony Flutter, a rich cream that you rub into cuticles and dry skin (think elbows, heels, and knees).  This stuff smells good enough to eat!

You should give Lush a try.  The bath bombs (I like Twilight) and bubble bars (I like this one) are amazing.  I actually cut the bombs into fourths to make them stretch further, and the bubble bars make more bubbles than I have ever seen, even more than when my sister and I put a whole box of Mr. Bubble in the bathtub once (much to my mom's horror)!




Rub-a-dub-dub, think I'm going to the tub!


No comments: